5 Fun Facts about Tammy
• Passionate about Elephants and conservation
• She would like to be a field guide one day
• Can speak Hungarian and a little Croatian
• Loves to paint, crochet, sew or do anything creative
• Travel enthusiast
Born in Johannesburg, Tammy started ballet at the age of five.
At a young age she completed the highest examination levels in her ballet training achieving her RAD Solo Seal award, as well as the highest levels in Tap Dance , Spanish Dance and her Modern Dance Solo Performers’ Examination Award. After matriculating from the National School of the Arts in 2004, she joined South African Ballet Theatre.
In 2008 she joined the Hungarian National Ballet in Budapest, working with renowned choreographers, teachers and dancers from around the world. After guesting as Aurora in Mexico City, she joined Croatian National Ballet in Zagreb and Split in 2015.
Tammy has performed the lead roles in various classical ballets as well as in works by Jiri Kylian, George Balanchine, Vladimir Malakhov, Patrice Bart and Robert North, to name a few.
Tammy joined the Cape Town City Ballet as a principal dancer in January 2020.
DEAR SPONSORS: WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMITMENT
Your membership funding is invaluable to us in achieving our goals:
• To delight anew our loyal supporters • To inspire new audiences to love ballet • To nurture and grow our young talent